Do you have a fear of playing online poker because you think that something terrible will happen — like your computer crashing while you are in the middle of a game just as you have won a jackpot? In the course of human history this has not yet been known to happen yet it is one of the biggest cyber myths on the Internet and the kind of technophobias that people have about playing online poker.
In this article we will address some of your fears about playing poker online so that you know what truly is threatening to your financial or computer security and what is not.
– Will a poker crash while I am winning? First of all before you pay online you need to choose a site that is reputable and known for being technically superb. Don’t play at a site you have never heard of. Play somewhere like Party Poker that has a reputation for good graphics and smooth operation 918kiss.
– Will a gambling site just steal my credit card and take my money? Make sure always that any site that you enroll in has a secure socket layer when you pay for your poker chips. As you pay look at the URL in your address bar. If it does not begin with https:// (as opposed to http) then you are not dealing with a secure site. Once again all of the big sites like Party Poker have this type of encryption.
– If I download a poker or casino game will it put spy ware on my computer? Once again this is a matter of choosing a reputable site. If thousands of people are using it then it is likely this is not an issue.
– Are online games rigged in the online casino’s favor? Online casino games are regulated even more strictly then non-virtual ones. Instead of a dealer software called a Random Number Generator makes sure the play is fair.
– Will a gambling site just not pay me if I win? Once again this is against the law and not possible as online casinos are even more highly regulated
Make sure that you choose a site that has HELP available via live chat, email and telephone 24 hours a day/ 7 days a week. This once again means choosing a really big, international site such as partypoker.com, which does have this type of customer support.